The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) is an independent charity dedicated to breaking the link between family income and educational achievement.
We do this by summarising the best available evidence in plain language for busy, time-poor teachers and senior leaders, generating new evidence of ‘what works’, and what doesn’t work to improve teaching and learning, and supporting teachers and senior leaders across the country to use this evidence to achieve the maximum possible benefit for children and young people.
As the Policy Officer, you will play a crucial role by offering support to the Policy team on key policy issues, as well as developing EEF’s policy work in the area of education services and communicating this widely.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include supporting with the delivery of EEF’s policy work, proactively developing policy positions and supporting with the review of evaluation reports, Department for Education reports and Toolkit strands.
You will be part of the team responsible for producing research and advice on education topics, building, and maintaining high-quality evidence infrastructure across the organisation, carrying out developing work, and building relationships with policymakers.
To join us as a Policy Officer, you will need:
- To demonstrate an understanding of the policy environment, preferably within the education sector
- An ability to monitor, analyse and evaluate education research
- Ideally, be educated to a degree level, with proven experience as a Policy Officer or similar role that demonstrates equivalent analytical ability
- An ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team, offering a hands-on approach
- A genuine interest in the education sector and a commitment to the aims and mission of the EEF
What you can expect from us
- Salary of £28,000 to £30,000 per annum (DOE)
- Flexible start and end working times (core hours between 10am and 4pm)
- 27 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Pension matched with a 5% employer contribution
- Life insurance cover
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay (conditions apply)
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please select the apply button, download the recruitment pack and submit your application via our online recruitment portal.
Closing Date: 22 August 2021 (11:59pm – BST)
1st Stage Interviews: w/c 30 August 2021
2nd Stage Interviews: w/c 6 September 2021
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original timeframe.
The EEF is committed to creating a workforce that is diverse, promotes inclusion and supports everyone to progress and achieve, regardless of background characteristics.
To assist us in understanding how we are progressing to meet these aims and to identify areas for further focus, we are seeking your support to collect information to produce and monitor equal opportunities aggregate statistics.
As part of the application, you’ll be invited to complete an Equal Opportunities section. Completing the form is not mandatory and will not affect or be linked to your application.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF). If you have any queries, please contact our team
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Can’t see the role you want? Register your details with us to be notified when we’re hiring!